Tuesday 9 June 2009

Getting stuck into the debate – online and off

Trevor Young of PR Warrior (& Marketingmag.com.au) fame posted some thought-provoking insights in regards to the heritage (what a word for it!) media, who seem to be on a propaganda campaign against Twitter – in a piece titled 'Twitterrific' Time Magazine Shows Up The Australian Newspaper'. Anyway, I got my hack hat on and left some quick tips and tricks in my comment, which Trevor then published as a guest post. You can check it out here: http://prwarrior.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/06/guest-post-a-twosecond-guide-to-the-future-of-newspaper-journalism.html.

Also, just left a lengthy comment on Master Zac Martin's post 'Pretend I Used A Hilarious Acronym For B&T Here', which covers some similar thoughts about the publishing industry and digital uptake.

Finally on the 15 June, I will be appearing on a panel, and quite ironically mind you (since I am a relative speaker- n00b), at the National Speakers Association of Australia. The panel will be following a speech by the futurist Morris Miselowski on 'What, Why, Wow and So What of Social Media (Web 2.0)'. The ever-lively Graeme Bowman and Sam Mutimer will also be joining me. You can view more about the event here: http://www.nationalspeakers.asn.au/Vic_events.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.